Looking for a next-level, conservatively priced, top-notch performing, plug and play turntable? Look no further. The P3 is based on strong heritage products with decades of history. A significant jump in quality over the little brother P2, but not yet approaching the price and extravagance of the P6. The glass platter and MDF plinth provide rigidity, while the RB330 tonearm transfers every ounce of detail from the matched Rega cartridge, be it the Elys 2 or Exact. The option to upgrade to an external power supply is enormous, allowing this to sink into backgrounds as quiet as a whisper.
These tables are light, sleek, and look good in any environment. They’re beloved by newbies and long-time vinyl users. The quality motors used promise issue-free use for years to come. If you want something top quality and maintenance free, this is your TT.
Rega has pioneered the use of lightweight rigid plinths. Clever use of lightweight particulate core with a highly rigid phenolic resin skin became the foundations of the high level of performance achieved by the now iconic original Planar range.
The new Planar 3 takes this design philosophy to the next level. A lightweight acrylic laminated plinth strengthened using a new improved double brace system mounted specifically where the increased rigidity is required (between the tonearm mounting and the main hub bearing) which forms a structurally sound “stressed beam” assembly. This rigid plinth design prevents energy absorption and unwanted resonance, which will add unnatural distortions to the music.
Equally, heavier mass can transfer more unwanted energy, such as motor or bearing noise directly into the rotating record. The use of braces instead of the complete skin allows double thickness phenolic resin in these key areas while providing further weight reduction to the plinth which directly addresses the issue of mass absorption and unwanted energy transmission.
- Motor cover tray with integrated cooling
- Improved new 24V motor control PCB
- New improved foot to increase stability and reduce vibration transfer
- New float glass ‘Optiwhite’ polished rim 12mm – Improved accuracy in manufacture and stunning looks
- Re-designed sub platter, improved accuracy and improved stiffness
- Re-designed brass main hub central bearing, improved fit and construction reducing stress on the bearing itself
- Improved thicker 3mm phenolic bottom brace and new metalised skin phenolic top brace
- Plinth: sandwich-construction, high pressure acrylic laminate over medite Super-lightweight aerospace Tancast
- Main Bearing & Hub Assembly: polycarbonate hub, stainless steel spindle, precision main bearing, 18mm compression-less bronze bearing well
- Double Bracing: phenolic
- Platter: 12mm Optiwhite single-layer float glass, polished rim
- Tonearm: RB330
- Motor: low-noise high-spec 24V AC twin-phase brushless
- Power Supply: Optional TT-PSU
- Available Finishes: Gloss black, white, or red
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17.60 x 4.61 x 14.17”
- Weight: 13.23 lbs