Experience an unprecedented level of realism. Paradigm’s flagship PERSONA® line is a showcase of vanguard materials and our most advanced technologies, all entirely designed, engineered, and completely Crafted in Canada. Persona celebrates the technological abilities of Paradigm engineering, untamed. Its exceptional craftsmanship and meticulous attention to detail makes a bold, beautiful statement. No other speaker in this class can match the performance innovation of Persona.
99.9% Pure Beryllium
Can luxury be a value? Paradigm believes so. One of the keys to Persona’s luxury and value is Paradigm’s use of Beryllium. Beryllium is the absolute best diaphragm material, and Persona features Truextent® Pure Beryllium foil, specially formulated to be exponentially stiffer and significantly lighter than other premium diaphragm materials. It delivers superior transient response, virtually transparent performance, and vanishingly low audible coloration. Also, it’s a material usually found only in much more expensive speakers. Luxurious? Yes. But also a surprising performance value in Persona.
Beryllium: Welcome to the cult of high performance.
- Beryllium is a rare chemical element (Be) with low mass, high tensile strength and high thermal stability. It is incredibly rigid and lightweight; everything an audio engineer desires in a speaker cone.
- In fact, Beryllium has been used in the audio industry since the 1970s. But because of its use in only the finest (and most expensive) audio equipment, it has retained a certain “cult” status.
- Precise control of the Truextent manufacturing process produces pure Beryllium foil with a highly uniform grain structure; this is many times stiffer, yet far less dense, than more common cone materials. In industry testing, our Beryllium cone material exhibits substantial improvements in durability, speed, and reduced interference. It can add more than an octave of distortion-free output.
- In the Paradigm’s Persona, tandem matched Beryllium drivers reveal the full range of high performance. Persona is the only loudspeaker in its class to utilize Beryllium material for both midrange and tweeter drivers.
- Every model in the Persona Series features dual Truextent Beryllium driver systems, and each model achieves a truly unexpected level of high-resolution detail, depth and dynamics thanks in part to rare, extraordinary Beryllium.
Partnered with the NRC
Paradigm is partnered with Canada’s world-renowned NRC in ongoing research to reveal the true nature of sound and human hearing. Findings influence design and performance specs, resulting in a uniquely realistic listening experience, backed by sound science.
- Design: 6-driver, 3 way center channel bass reflex
- Frequency Response On-axis: +/- 2dB from 43Hz – 45kHz
- High Frequency Driver: 1″ (25mm) Truextent® Beryllium dome, ferro-fluid damped / cooled, Perforated Phase-Aligning (PPA™) Tweeter Lens, Finite Element Analysis (FEA) optimized pole piece assembly
- Midrange Frequency Driver: 4″ (100mm) Truextent® Beryllium driver, Perforated Phase-Aligning (PPA™) Lens, SHOCK-MOUNT™ Isolation Mounting System, 1″ high-temp voice coil
- Low Frequency Driver: Four 7″ (178mm) high-excursion X-PAL™ drivers, overmolded Active Ridge Technology (ART™) surrounds, SHOCK-MOUNT™ Isolation Mounting System, 1.5″ high-temp tandem voice coil
- Sensitivity Room / Anechoic: 93 dB / 90 dB
- Impedance: Compatible with 8 ohms
- Finishes: High Gloss: Vanta Black, Harmony White Metallic Gloss: Aria Blue, Sonic Silver
- Weight: 84 lbs. (38 kg)
- Dimensions HxWxD: 10.25″ × 36″ × 16.375″ (26.3cm × 91.4cm × 41.5cm)
- Low Frequency Extension: 24Hz
- Crossover: 3rd order electro-acoustic at 2.5kHz (tweeter/mid); 3rd order 700Hz
- Frequency Response 30° Off-axis: +/- 2dB from 43Hz – 20kHz
- Suitable Amplifier Power Range: 15 – 500 watts
- Maximum Input Power: 250 Watts