TN-3B-SE: A new, high-performance standard for belt-drive analog turntables
The TN-3B-SE is a stylish, sleek-looking belt-driven turntable with a built-in MM-type PHONO EQ amplifier.
It employs a new tonearm with knife-edge, pivot-point bearings, collaborated with SAEC, the high-end tonearm manufacturer, for superlative stability and resolution. The belt-drive mechanism, meanwhile, helps mitigate any unwanted cogging effects (ie fine pulsing) from the operation of the motor, to ensure a precise and smooth platter rotation. The TN-3B-SE also employs a VM-type cartridge the AT-VM95E manufactured by audio-technica and a high-precision NJM8080 op-amp in its in-built Phono EQ amplifier, allowing the user to enjoy the sound of their vinyl records with low distortion and in high quality.
The TN-3B-SE delivers a natural and well-balanced sound quality and is quick and easy to set up and start enjoying. We believe it sets a new standard that will satisfy the needs of both audiophiles and ardent record collectors.
Knife-edge, pivot-point tone-arm bearings
In collaboration with SAEC Corporation, a world-famous, high-end tonearm manufacturer, the TN-3B’s tone-arm employs a knife-edge, pivot-point bearing. Unlike the case for tonearms with conventional bearings, any fine vertical movements that take place in this tone-arm actually help in delivering a more dynamic sound with excellent resolution. The S-shaped tone-arm also employs a universal head-shell fitting, allowing users to quickly and easily swap cartridges/head-shells, and supports a wide range of cartridge weights (from 14 – 23g / 0.5 – 0.8 oz.)。
Precision anti-skating and stylus-pressure adjustment
The static-balanced, S-shape tone-arm is equipped with a counterweight for precise stylus-pressure adjustment, as well as an anti-skating mechanism for accurate tracking force adjustment, allowing the cartridge to accurately play any quality vinyl disc.
Pre-installed VM-series cartridge
A VM-type cartridge the AT-VM95E manufactured by audio-technica exclusive for TEAC with an elliptical-shaped stylus tip comes pre-installed on the head-shell for convenience. After you’ve opened the box, set up the platter and mounted the head-shell on the tonearm, you’ll be ready to enjoy your records.
- replacement styli should be available at the retail store where you purchased the unit, or via the TEAC On-line store. (TEAC On-line store is available in selected countries.)
- The VM-series cartridge is a MM (Moving Magnet) type design, and is compatible with all conventional MM-type phono EQ amplifiers.
Built-in MM-type phono EQ amplifier
The TN-3B-SE incorporates an MM-type phono EQ amplifier, allowing you to connect the turntable to a conventional amplifier/hi-fi system that lacks a PHONO input. A low distortion, hi-fi-grade op-amp, the NJM8080, is employed to boost the low-level signals from the phono cartridge up to LINE level.
External belt-drive with aluminum die-cast platter
A belt-drive arrangement is employed in order to minimize any motor cogging effects by driving the outer rim of the platter (which has a larger diameter, mass and surface area).
Luxurious, multi-layer lacquer paint finish
All internal components are mounted on a robust and high-density MDF plinth for rigidity and vibration-deadening. Thanks to its sleek and stylish design, the TN-3B looks at home in most domestic environments, creating the perfect setting for listening to vinyl records.
33-⅓ and 45 rpm 2-speed turntable
The TN-3B-SE supports both 33-⅓ and 45 rpm for LP and EP records. Our insistence on quality engineering can even be seen in the construction of the rotary control for start-up/speed selection, formed of machined aluminum.
Insulating feet with excellent shock absorption
The insulating feet comprise a machined aluminium shell, topped with a rubber cushion that is fixed to the high-density MDF plinth. Thanks to their excellent shock absorption characteristics, the TN-3B-SE is very resistant to acoustic feedback.
Honeycomb patterned bottom panel
In order to achieve sleek cabinet design without compromising rigidity, the bottom panel is imprinted with a honeycomb pattern that minimizes unwanted vibrations.
Features at a glance:
- Belt-drive mechanism
- 2-speed turntable supporting 33-⅓ and 45 rpm
- Knife-edge, pivot-point tonearm, designed by high-end tonearm manufacturer SAEC
- Aluminum die-cast platter
- Built-in PHONO EQ amplifier compatible with MM-type cartridges
- Hi-fi grade op-amp, NJM8080, used in PHONO EQ stage
- Anti-skating mechanism
- PHONO/LINE analog output (switchable)
- Gold-plated oxidation-resistant output connectors
- Pre-installed AT-VM95E cartridge supplied by audio-technica
- Rigid, high-density MDF plinth with multi-layered lacquer finish
- Shock-absorbing insulating feet
- GND terminal
- RoHS compliant
- Turntable section
- Type: Belt-drive (External drive)
- Motor: DC Motor
- Rotation Speeds: 33-⅓ rpm, 45 rpm
- Wow and Flutters: 0.1% or less
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 67dB (A-weighted, 20kHz LPF)
- Turntable Platter
- Material: Aluminum Die-cast
- Diameter of Platter: 30cm
- Tonearm section
- Type: S-shape, Static-balanced
- Effective Arm Length: 223mm
- Needle Pressure Range: 0g to 5.0g
- Compatible Cartridge Weight: 3.0g to 12.0g, 14g to 23g (including Head-shell)
- Cartridge section
- Type: MM-type
- Output Voltage: 4.0mV (1kHz, 5cm/sec.)
- Needle Pressure: 1.8 to 2.2g (2.0g recommended)
- Weight: 6.1g
- Head-shell weight: 11g (including screws, nuts, and wires)
- Compatible Stylus: AT-VMN95E * Average stylus life: approx. 300 hours.
- Analog Output section
- Connectors: RCA Pin jack × 1 pair (Gold-plated)
- PHONO: 4.0mV (1kHz)
- LINE: 224mV (–13dBV)
- Operating Power: AC 100 to 240V, 50/60Hz
- Power Consumption: 1.5W
- Standby Power: 0.5W
- Overall Dimensions (W x H x D): 420 × 117 × 356 mm /, 16.5″ × 4.6″ × 14.0″ (including protrusions)
- Weight: approx. 5.0kg / 11.0 lbs.
- Included Accessories: Felt Mat, EP Adapter, Counter Weight, Head-shell (AT-VM95E installed), Platter, Dust Cover, Hinges × 2, RCA Audio cable with GND terminal, AC Adapter (GPE053A-V120050), Owner’s Manual (including Warranty Card)