Marantz MM8077 – An uncompromising design for superior sound quality
It can’t be stated often enough: the overall quality of your entertainment system’s sound is dependent on sufficient quantities of clean, instantly available power. There must be enough power. It must be pristine. And it must be available in an instant to give you the impact and full-frequency response you expect from today’s deeply-layered and demanding movie soundtracks.
Respect for authority
So stand back. Take a look at the elegant, matte black Marantz MM8077 power amplifier from the front and tell me if your first impression is anything other than “authority.” If you are at all skeptical, pick it up — great power components demand some mass. The ‘8077 is designed to deliver impressive power to seven channels with that same authority, so your surround sound experience will draw you into the action on your TV screen in a manner you’ve probably only experienced at a theater.
Under the hood
Take a peek inside and you’ll be even more impressed. The copper-plated chassis isolates the unit from outside noise, vibration, and electrical interference. A massive, high-current toroidal power transformer, paired with high power filter capacitors delivers the power you need in reserve for the short-term transients and peaks so common in both music and movie sound. And in order to give you the best possible performance from high-resolution audio formats, each channel has a current feedback discrete power amp output stage and multiple high-current discrete power transistors.
We’re a fan
Heat, the enemy of power amp performance, is swiftly dealt with by way of an innovative dual extruded heat sink assembly with ultra-quiet fan cooling. The fan is cleverly mounted internally over the heat sinks and not to the chassis frame where it might be more easily heard.
The Marantz MM8077 features both unbalanced RCA and balanced XLR inputs for all seven channels. Loudspeaker terminals are gold-plated to ensure the best possible signal transfer.
- 7-channel power amplifier
- 150 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.08% THD, with 2 channels driven
- 180 watts per channel into 6 ohms
- frequency response: 8-100,000 Hz (±3 dB)
- signal-to-noise ratio: 105 dB
- one unbalanced RCA and one balanced XLR input for each channel
- Discrete Current Feedback circuit for accurate, natural sound at all volume levels
- massive toroidal power transformer for high current and low noise
- DC trigger input/output
- D-Bus remote RC-5 input/output for connection to a compatible Marantz A/V preamp/processor
- IR flasher input
- gold-plated binding post speaker terminals
- detachable power cord
- 17-3/8″W x 7-3/16″H x 16-3/8″D
- weight: 45.41 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- MFR # MM8077/U1B
What’s in the box:
- Marantz MM8077 owner’s manual
- 7-Channel power amplifier
- 6.5′ AC power cord
- 4′ Mono-RCA cable
- US Warranty Information
For Residents/Customers in California:
Follow this link for your Proposition 65 warning.