The deal of the year from GoldenEar and Audiolab
Amazing deep bass from a slim tower
The GoldenEar Triton Two+ houses a pair of built-in powered subwoofers for surprisingly deep, potent bass. This slender tower delivers what GoldenEar calls “box-less three-dimensional imaging” with the smooth, non-fatiguing character of its HVFR™ (High-Velocity Folded Ribbon) tweeter. By squeezing air, rather than pushing it like a conventional tweeter — the HVFR design delivers articulate nuance with very low distortion.
A unique design by world renowned Sandy Gross
The high-end tweeter is placed between two 4-1/2″ upper bass/midrange drivers, above the dual 5″x 9″ powered sub-bass drivers. Further rounding out the bottom end, two 7″ x 10″ bass radiators flank either side of this floor-stander’s non-resonant curved cabinet. One additional advantage of this speaker’s driver arrangement: the tweeter and bass/midrange drivers get all your amplifier’s power, while the self-amplified subs do the heavy lifting.
Placing the world-class tweeter between the bass/mid woofers helps keep the transition between drivers smooth and seamless. And by incorporating the 1,200-watt powered subwoofers into the cabinet and crossover circuitry, GoldenEar further blends the frequencies to achieve transparent sound from top to bottom.
Detailed highs, robust tight bass, and ultra-low distortion, all with breathtakingly wide dispersion, the Triton Two+ produces a soundstage that reaches out into the room as well as behind the speakers.
Designed with a simple, functional ergonomic visual aesthetic, this tower seems to lose itself in the room. And it will all but disappear in the darkness of a home theater setting.
Since their founding in 2010, GoldenEar has racked up rave reviews across the audio industry for their high-tech speaker lineup and cutting-edge design philosophy. The company’s goal is to create speakers that sound better than comparable models costing three, four, or even five times more. Their signature sound includes pinpoint stereo imaging, a spacious three-dimensional soundstage, and ultra-low distortion. Each of GoldenEar’s custom-designed drivers, passive radiators, and carefully tuned cabinets help create an ultra-immersive listening experience with your favorite albums and movie soundtracks.
- 3-way design
- HVFR™ (High-Velocity Folded Ribbon) tweeter
- Two 4-1/2″ high-definition cast-basket mid/bass drivers
- D’Appolito array, tweeter is placed between mid/bass drivers
- Two 5″ x 9″ long-throw quadratic subwoofers
- Built-in 1,200-watt DSP-controlled subwoofer amplifier
- Rear-panel subwoofer level control
- Rear-panel LFE input
- Two 7″ x 10″ quadratic planar infrasonic bass radiators
- Slim, curved and tapered cabinet design
- Frequency range: 16-35,000 Hz
- Impedance: 4 ohms
- Sensitivity: 91 dB
- Recommended power: 20-500 watts/channel
- Five-way binding posts
- Detachable power cord
- Warranty: 5 years drivers and cabinet/3 years amp
Dimensions and weight:
- Speaker: 11-11/16″ wide x 48-1/2″ high x 19-1/8″ deep
- Weight: 60 pounds
What to expect in the box:
- Owner’s manual
- GoldenEar Triton Two+ floor-standing loudspeaker
- 9′ AC power cord
- 4 Rubber feet (installed on base)
- Hardware pack
- Thank you letter
- White gloves
- Microfiber polishing cloth