Note: Special Order: Lead time 75-90 days from order.
PRIMUS MAXIMUS QUALITY MADE IN GERMANY
The Primus Maximus is a special, limited edition reference model of which, only 100 units will be handmade to order in Germany.
This flagship model is a showpiece for the best technologies used throughout the history of the Dual company, refining them and carrying them forward into the 21st century.
These key Dual features include:
The twin gimbal tonearm, spring loaded tracking force and direct-drive.
The overall result is an understated, high-tech turntable, providing a superb musical experience.
Plinth: Aluminum / Solid MDF:
Each unique unit is created individually and the plinth is finished with real wood veneers. The critical components, such as motor, platter and arm are fixed to a 10mm thick aluminum base plate. The heavy top and base plates are connected to minimize vibration.
Platter: Solid Aluminum
The heavy platter, weighing 2.7kg, is machined from a solid block of aluminum and refined with a blasted and elevated surface finish. The platter weight is exactly matched to the motor regulation in order to reduce wow and flutter to an absolute minimum.
Tonearm: Twin Gimbal Design / Spring loaded tracking force
The tonearm base and both gimbal elements are machined from solid aluminum. Precision pivot ball-bearings are used in conjunction with hardened steel spikes to ensure tightest tolerances within the tonearm assembly over a long lifetime. The tracking force is independent of gravity and adjusted with a torsion spring.
The drive unit is engineered and made in Germany. Its regulation is specifically designed for high-end audio application, placing emphasis on stability, with no quick start up times nor high torque. These features are only important for DJ applications and not appropriate in such a high quality system.
- Drive: Direct-drive Reference
- Speed settings: 33/45/78
- Wow & Flutter: < ±0,04 % (DIN bewertet)
- Auto-Start/-Stop-Function: No
- Bearing: 4 x Pivot ball-bearing / twin gimbal mounting
- Effective length: 221 mm
- Offset Angle: 24°
- Overhang: 18.5 mm
- Type: dynamically balanced with damping
- Stylus Pressure Range: 0 g bis 3 g
- Cartridge Weight Range: 5 g bis 12 g
- Factory installed pick up: Ortofon Quintet Bronze
- Material: Solid Aluminum
- Mat: Rubber 4.5 mm
- Bearing: Hardened steel spindle sintered metal housing
- Diameter: 304 mm
- Weight (incl. Mat): 2800 g
- Material: Solid MDF machined solid Alu baseplate
- Surface finish: Individual wood veneers personally selected
- Feet: Alu Ø 60 mm / Elastomer Height adjustable
- Connection: 5 pin Tonearm Connector on RCA cable
- Connection to Phono Input: Yes
- Connection to Line Input: Yes
- Digital Output: No
- Dimension, closed dustcover: 450 x 370 x 155 mm
- Dimension, open dustcover: D: 418 mm / H: 405 mm
- Weight: 15 kg
- Power plug AC / DC: External power supply