Add Wi-Fi and Bluetooth streaming to your existing stereo
I love the sound of my home stereo, so I’m not looking for a complete receiver overhaul. But, man, would I love the convenience of wireless music. Denon offers a quick and easy solution to this type of dilemma. The Denon HEOS Link connects to your current receiver or amplifier and gives you wireless access to all your music.
This second-generation version of the HEOS Link lets you stream music via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth. And when you download the HEOS app for Apple®, Android®, or Kindle Fire, you can queue up and control music selections, both on the HEOS Link and on all other HEOS speakers and components you add throughout your home.
HEOS offers a wide array of music options
The HEOS app puts an incredible amount at your fingertips. You have access to music stored on your smartphone or tablet, plus downloads found on a server or computer. That includes your high-resolution music files.
There’s also support for Pandora®, TIDAL, Amazon Prime, and SiriusXM. Pull up a new song or podcast on SoundCloud, or stream Internet radio from TuneIn or iHeartRadio. And if you’re a Spotify® Premium subscriber, Spotify Connect lets you play all your favorite albums and playlists.
Built-in Bluetooth gives you more musical freedom
Want to listen to audio from YouTube? Or maybe you have a new music service not yet available through HEOS? The latest generation of HEOS has you covered. Use Bluetooth to stream any and all audio sources from your phone or tablet through the HEOS Link, without restrictions. You can also send that Bluetooth stream to other HEOS speakers.
Add HEOS speakers throughout the house
The HEOS app lets you choose one song for your stereo with the HEOS Link, and something completely different on other HEOS speakers elsewhere. Or you can group HEOS speakers together and have the same tunes playing throughout several rooms. Have first-generation HEOS gear? All HEOS components are still compatible, so you can mix and match.
Control your Denon or Marantz receiver
The HEOS Link can take control of Denon and Marantz receivers (sold after 2010) that are on your home network. The receiver will automatically power on and switch to the HEOS Link’s input when you’ve selected it though the HEOS app. You can adjust the volume wirelessly, right from your mobile device.
Send TV and CD sound to other rooms
The HEOS Link has analog and digital connections for other audio sources like a disc player, cable or satellite box, portable music player, or streaming media device. You can send music from any of these connected sources to other HEOS speakers and components.
Easy Wi-Fi setup and control with the HEOS app
One reason people loved the first generation of HEOS was because setup was fast and easy. Denon hasn’t changed that a bit with the their latest series. An included setup cable connects your smartphone or tablet to the HEOS Link. With a few taps of the app, your Wi-Fi settings are automatically transferred. When you unplug the cable, you’ll have full wireless control of the HEOS Link.
Other HEOS options for your whole-home audio system
HEOS 7 – The largest speaker in the HEOS family is great for large rooms and open floor plans.
HEOS 5 – This mid-sized speaker is perfect for medium-sized rooms like a kitchen or bedroom.
HEOS 3 – Set up this HEOS speaker in a bedroom or office.
HEOS 1 – The smallest HEOS speaker. With an optional Go Pack, it becomes a portable Bluetooth speaker that can be used inside or out.
HEOS HomeCinema – Dramatically improve TV sound and play your music with this sound bar and wireless sub combo.
HEOS Amp – Add HEOS to any pair of speakers with this amplified player.
- add wireless music to your existing home audio system
- easy setup using your smartphone or tablet with the HEOS app
- 3.5mm miniplug cable included for transferring network settings from your device
- built-in dual-band Wi-Fi allows connection to your wireless home network
- built-in Bluetooth lets you stream directly from compatible devices
- music can be streamed to other HEOS devices
- free app for Apple®, Android™, and Kindle devices offers easy Wi-Fi control, settings adjustments, and music selection and playback
- plays music stored on device
- support for online music services, including Spotify®, TIDAL, Pandora®, SiriusXM, Rhapsody®, and TuneIn radio (subscription required for some services)
- works with Amazon Alexa-compatible voice control assistants
- DLNA support for streaming music from compatible networked computers and NAS drives
- plays MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, ALAC, and WAV files
- supports high-res playback for PCM-based files up to 24-bit/192kHz
- future support for AIFF and DSD via firmware update
- not compatible with protected files with digital rights management (DRM)
- offers seamless network operation of Denon and Marantz receivers manufactured after 2010
Connections and dimensions:
- analog stereo RCA preamp output for connection to a home theater receiver, stereo receiver, or integrated amplifier (cable included)
- digital audio outputs: 1 optical, 1 coaxial
- optical digital audio input
- stereo RCA line inputs
- to connect a turntable you’ll need a phono preamp
- USB port for listening to music stored on a compatible thumb drive; music can be streamed to other HEOS devices
- 3.5mm aux input for connecting a portable music player; music can be streamed to other HEOS devices
- preamp output for a powered subwoofer
- IR and 12-volt trigger outputs (IR emitter cable and direct cable included)
- Ethernet port for wired connection to your router (cable included)
- AC power connection required (power cable included)
- 6-1/8″W x 2-15/16″H x 5-15/16″D
- weight: 2.9 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Audiolab 60-day return policy
- requires high-speed internet, Wi-Fi router and an Apple, Android, or Kindle smart device
- MFR # HEOSLINKHS2SR
What’s in the box:
- Denon HEOS Link owner’s manual
- Wireless pre-amplifier
- 6′ AC power cord
- 58″ Ethernet cable
- 59″ Proprietary minijack cable
- 42″ Stereo RCA cable
- 4′ IR cable
- 59″ IR emittor
- Quick Start Guide
- “HEOS Customer Service Team” Card
- Safety Instructions
- Warranty Card
- Extended Protection Plan
- Spotify brochure
For Residents/Customers in California:
Follow this link for your Proposition 65 warning.