Dymension | DM80
The Dymension™ DM80 fills your home theater with larger-than-life sound. Crystal clear highs, incredible depth-of-field, and thunderous bass envelop you whether you’re enjoying the latest blockbuster or your favorite songs. Innovations include aluminum oxide tweeters, an adjustable Balanced Double Surround System (BDSS™) bipolar array, an integrated powered subwoofer with 3XR™ Architecture, and a cutting-edge GaN FET amplifier.
Fully Balanced, Adjustable Bipolar Array
Bipolar driver arrays direct more sound in more directions than traditional speakers for incredible depth-of-field and a truly enveloping listening experience. Bipolar effect can be adjusted to optimize for room placement.
BDSS System and Linear Response Waveguide
DM80’s four 5.25″ mid/bass woofers feature our patented BDSS technology. BDSS improves midrange driver excursion and provides a wide, uniform soundstage with seamless bass/mid integration. A Linear Response Waveguide™ extends and smooths off-axis dispersion for great sound everywhere in the room.
Aluminum Oxide Tweeters
DM80’s rigid, well-damped aluminum oxide tweeters provide smooth extended response with crisp transients, pinpoint imaging, and exceptional definition, for incredibly lifelike sound.
Built-In 12″ Powered Subwoofer
An integrated 12″ subwoofer, powered by an all-new, high-performance GaN FET 400W amplifier, delivers clean, detailed bass that perfectly blends with midrange drivers and highs and feels consistent no matter where you sit. All-in-one design means simpler setup and a streamlined footprint—no extra subs required.
3XR™ Architecture with Dual Bass Radiators
3XR Architecture—introduced in our critically acclaimed Descend Subwoofer Series— combines a subwoofer and two passive radiators to produce huge, balanced bass in any space, with less distortion than traditional ported designs. It’s low end you can feel— everywhere in the room.
Patented Intelligent Bass Control
Sophisticated digital processing seamlessly blends subwoofer output with mid-range drivers and highs to provide powerful deep-bass performance without sacrificing midrange clarity. Bass will never get in the way of dialogue and other critical soundtrack elements.
Consistent sound across other Definitive Technology series gives you the flexibility to mix and match Dymension™, Dymension CI, and Mythos speakers to design your dream home theater and whole home system.
DM90 Integrated Height Module Option
Available separately, a DM90 Atmos-certified and DTS:X-compatible height module connects to the top of the DM80 to extend sound above you for total sonic immersion and hyper-realistic overhead effects.
- Fully balanced bipolar driver array for truly enveloping sound
- Built-in 400W 12″ subwoofer with dual 3XR bass radiators
- Aluminum oxide tweeters produce crisp, sparkling highs
- 5.25″ BDSS drivers provide balanced sound, wide listening area
- Atmos/DTS:X ready—add optional DM90 height module
- Patented Intelligent Bass Control for seamless integration
- Rear-array attenuation switch for near-wall placement
- Timbre-matched with Definitive Technology speakers
- Foot spikes and pads allow versatile placement and leveling
- Dimensions: (H × W × D): 49.4″ high × 11.3″ wide × 16″ deep
- Weight: 83.1 lbs.
- Color: Black
- Grille Material: Acoustically transparent black cloth (not removable)
- Tweeter: (2) 1 in. aluminum oxide domes
- Mid-range/Mid-bass: (4) 5.25 in. BDSS™ with Linear Response Waveguide™
- Bipolar Array: Fully-balanced, adjustable
- Bipolar Array Adjustment: Fully bipolar (default), forward focus -6dB, variable via bi-amping
- Subwoofer System Driver Complement: (1) 12 in. subwoofer (2) 12 in. passive radiators
- Frequency Response:28 Hz–23 kHz (-3 dB)
- Nominal Impedance: 4 ohms
- Sensitivity: 90dB (2.83V/1m)
- Recommended Amplifier Power Rating: 50–300W
- Subwoofer Amplifier: 500W (Peak) GaN FET
- Intelligent Bass Control: Variable +/– 12dB
- Included Accessories: 4 adjustable hard floor glides, 4 adjustable carpet spikes